Happy New Year!

I never make Resolutions for the New Year.  We were talking about it on New Year's eve at dinner and I don't remember ever making one.  Resolutions are just another way for the universe to make you feel bad about yourself.  I set myself goals and have intentions because these are kinder and each day can be a new beginning.  


Last year was pretty depressing at times culminating here in the US, with the election of new President.  It was my first Presidential election as a new US citizen and I didn't vote for the candidate who won.  Thinking about the next four years makes me anxious. 

But 2017 will be an interesting year for me personally.  Our son graduated college in November and is living at home while starting out in the real world.  Our daughter will head off to Art School in the Fall.  So many huge changes ahead.  I have lots of ideas for my Etsy shop and some exciting possibilities.  I want to fit in more sewing projects that make use of my sewing machine and fabric stash.  I'd like to make and finish a quilt for my daughter as she heads off into the world.  I want to practice kindness and patience.  I'd like to step out of my comfort zone more often, learn new things, read more and use my phone and computer more thoughtfully so I waste less time looking at screens.  I want to try more new recipes and wear colors other than black, grey and white!  There are new crafts I'd like to try my hand at, new places to visit and people to meet.  

So here I go, stepping out gingerly into 2017 with mixed feelings.  Happy New Year!




Comments

Popular Posts