Felt Christmas Trees

It has been HOT here for the last few weeks, with little respite at night.  I really don't like it when we have to start running the air conditioning by 9am because it just didn't cool down overnight.  For the last couple of days I've dealt with this by sewing felt Christmas tree ornaments.  It's been fun to do something completely different.  I've finished the first batch which are fairly traditional.  The next batch are going to pastel colored trees and I'm going to include some sequins!  This is quite a departure for me and makes me a bit nervous but I've had the sequins in the drawer for ages and they are calling me.


This is lovely soft felted wool which I get from Quilting Acres Etsy shop.  I've always had really great customer service from this shop and there is a wonderful selection of felted wool in lots of luscious colors.  The back of the ornaments is a dark green felt.  I use 100% wool felt imported from the Netherlands.  I use this same felt for the little flowers and leaves which are all cut freehand.









I'll let you know how it goes with the sparkly stuff!




Comments

Popular Posts