4th Of July "Eve"

I'd planned to do more sewing than I did today.  I'm still playing with pretty sequins and enjoying it!  


These will be more Christmas tree ornaments.  I need to find coordinating felt colors for the backs of these pastel trees.  If I can't find anything that works well, I'll use white.  I'm still trying to decide whether to use the rustic twine for the hanging thread (like my more traditional ornaments) or whether to use ribbon.  



In preparation for a new (in the US) series of the Great British Baking Show, we've been watching the first series again.  There is no way I could bake under such pressure!  Inspired, I made a chocolate roll cake, filled with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.  I piped dark chocolate hearts for the top and added some little flags I've had in the kitchen drawer for ages.  My baking all has to be gluten free because my husband can't tolerate even the tiniest particle of gluten. This cake is moist and delicious, not really that sweet because of the whipped cream instead of frosting.  Yum.









Comments

Popular Posts