Thursday, March 10, 2016

You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Grey....

My skies have been pretty grey this week... the ordinary things of everyday life woven through with the process of grieving for a much loved pet.  

I finished off the Dr.Who pincushions and needle books, which I realize I haven't photographed, and I started on a couple of cloud pincushions.  I decided to start watching Downton Abbey from the very beginning while I sew.  I had forgotten that Bates came to the House in that very first episode and also how truly unpleasant Mary was in the beginning!  



These cloud pincushions are pretty cheerful, I love the little rainbow hearts and the embroidered word "happy" in rainbow colors.  "You make me happy when skies are grey" describes how I feel about sewing and embroidery and it is hard to feel sad when sewing something sweet like these pincushions.  











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments (unless they are spam!). Comments are moderated to filter out the irritating spammy stuff.