Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Things Don't Always Go Right The First Time.....

Sometimes things just don't work out the way you planned.  I've wanted to make a "Sherlock" pincushion for a while (it is one of my favorite tv shows of all time)  and I spent time researching what his front door looked like with the classic 221B and brass door knocker.  I did drawings.  I carefully cut out felt and stitched the numbers.  When I was done I realized that the numbers and door knocker were too low down on the pincushion so it looked unbalanced.  Grrr.....  I unpicked it and started again!




This pincushion top has too much space at the top, of course I didn't realize until I'd stitched the whole thing together ready for stuffing!


Around the sideband I've embroidered "SHER LOCKED".  This is a reference to the episode with Irene Adler, "A Scandal In Belgravia".  Irene's phone is password protected.....



My second attempt at representing the door was much better balanced!  Happy dance!















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments (unless they are spam!). Comments are moderated to filter out the irritating spammy stuff.