A Great Aunt

This week I became a Great Aunt!  Amid all the hard stuff that life throws your way, a new baby is something very special and precious.  I'm excited to be a Great Aunt and looking forward to teasing my sister with some Grandmother references!  

One of my very informal, and not very long-lasting resolutions for the new year, was to make at least one quilt this year.  A baby quilt hardly counts really, it is so small and this one will be very simple, just squares and a border.  This is my palette.  




I got the fish fabrics at a local quilt shop yesterday.  They are from Timeless Treasures.  I love the combination of the deep blues with the grey and pale solid colors.  The solid colors are from American Made.  I came across this company a few months ago.  Their fabrics are made from start to finish, here in the US from US grown cotton.  The color range is vibrant and they feel really nice.  I'm looking forward to sewing with them.  You can check them out here.  


These fishes, swimming in circles, remind me of the anchovies we saw doing exactly this at the Monterey Bay Aquarium!


And these are definitely friendly sharks!



The quilt will have 3 inch squares and a border.  I think I will make it about 36 inches square and do some straight line quilting on my sewing machine.  A baby quilt needs to be able to take some abuse.  Keeping it simple means it will get used and hopefully loved.  





Comments

Popular Posts