Finished Penguin Pincushions

I finished two of these penguin pincushions this morning and got them photographed and listed in my Etsy Shop. I had fun with these!  I love penguins.  When my daughter was little she was obsessed with them for a time.  She collected penguin books and did a report on them at school.  We read "Mr Popper's Penguins" aloud several times and then a few years later were disappointed with the movie version that was so different from the book.  We watched "March Of The Penguins" and "Happy Feet".  So here is my interpretation of an emperor penguin and its chick.  I've used chilly shades of blue and grey for the top and sides.  The side band has hand embroidered waves done using a variegated thread in white/blue/grey to represent the icy waters of the Antarctic Ocean.  The base of the pincushion is a golden yellow which is what is giving the background of the photos a bit of a glow!







Comments

Popular Posts