South Valley Quilt Association Quilt Show 2014, Taste Of Morgan Hill, First Time Vendor!

This weekend is the South Valley Quilt Association Quilt Show.  I am going to be a vendor.  I may have mentioned this once or twice because I'm pretty excited about it!  This will be my first foray into the world of craft shows.  The Quilt Show happens every year as part of a town festival called "A Taste Of Morgan Hill".  There is the quilt show, a vintage car show, live music and food, all downtown.  I have been going for years and enjoy the variety of quilts exhibited although I'm always a bit disappointed there aren't more modern style quilts. My daughter says I should enter one of mine, maybe I will.....one day!  My town has a Sister City in Japan and often there are exhibits from there.  They are always exquisite.  For the kids there is a treasure hunt, a paper with pictures of details from the quilts, with a prize for those that find them all.  It always seems to be a super hot weekend and it is such a relief to step into the air conditioned coolness of the Community Center.   I usually end up going multiple times over the weekend because there is so much to take in.  I find it very inspiring and I especially appreciate the incredible hand quilted quilts.  I'm excited to be part of it this year.  Below is a mock up of my stall, on my dining table, so please try and ignore the chandelier and globe etc in the background!  I'll post pictures of my actual stall too.


I'm taking my pincushions, needle books, owls, embroidered pumpkins, mini stockings and notebooks.  You can see more pictures of some of those things here(owls and mini stockings), here(embroidered pumpkins), and here(notebooks and dragon pincushions).  You can see my current selection of pincushions and needle books at my Etsy Shop.











Comments

Popular Posts