A Homemade Craft Show Display Board

Friday 18th July 2014

We have been working on a display board for my booth at the Quilt Show.  It is designed to hold my notebooks and some hanging items, owls probably.  My husband built it using just what he could find in the garage.  Since he makes a lot of things, he has a pretty good stash of wood and lots of offcuts.  He made the pegs using branches from trees at our cabin in the Sierra Nevada and a special router bit.  He bought the router bit to make pegs for hanging things at the cabin, towels, sweaters etc.  The pegs are beautiful.  Sometimes he varnishes them and sometimes they get left plain.  They are simple and rustic.  



I used this paint for the first time after seeing it at my local scrapbooking store.  It is a thick paint, containing clay and chalk.  It is completely non-smelly and dries in a flash.  It has a nice flat (matte) finish and the brush was easy to clean afterwards. I like that the paint has some texture, it's not perfectly smooth.  The finished piece has a rustic feel that goes well with the natural pegs.  We did two coats of the white paint and then I put on a coat of a protective finish by the same manufacturer to prevent scratches.  










Comments

Popular Posts