From The Garden

Wednesday 18th June 2014

There is something very satisfying about picking the ingredients for dinner moments before using them in the kitchen.  I love this time of year for this! yesterday I picked salad greens, herbs, swiss chard, tomatoes, onions and carrots.  A couple of days ago a friend brought over some eggs from her hens (she keeps me supplied through most of the year) so dinner was frittata and salad.  







To the frittata, I added some applewood smoked bacon and a flavorful cheddar cheese.  It smelled wonderful!  I also roasted some fennel for the salad.  This didn't come from the garden but our local farmer's market which we go to each Saturday.  For dessert, there were cherries, strawberries and tiny, super sweet apricots from the farmer's market and we shared what was left of the gluten free chocolate cake I made for Father's Day.  Yum!

Here are some more pictures from the market last Saturday.  I try and buy most of our fresh produce here and also fish from the fish stall.  They have incredible salmon.  I am very thankful to live somewhere that has year round access to all this wonderful locally grown food.  







Comments

Popular Posts