Rose Pincushion

April 19th 2014

For the last few days I have been in the mountains recharging my creative batteries.  I did lots of sewing as well as some hiking and reading.  It was lovely!  This is one of the new designs I was working on.


I absolutely love using Pinterest.  I have to be honest and say that I avoided Pinterest for the longest time because I couldn't really see the point.  Then I tried it...... I have found so many wonderful things and beautiful pictures.  One of the people I follow often adds photos of gorgeous flower arrangements and this pincushion is based on one of those.  It was a photo of some old fashioned roses, casually arranged in a galvanized tin bucket.  It was just the sort of thing I would love to have on my big wood dining table if only my cats wouldn't eat the flowers!  In my garden I have some beautiful, highly scented, old fashioned roses and right now they are in full bloom.  I used those roses as the inspiration for the color scheme.  
There is a pincushion and matching needle book and both have been added to my Etsy shop.



I enjoyed making these with all the hand embroidery and the colors particularly appeal to me.  Here are some of the inspiration roses in my garden.









Comments

Popular Posts