In The Mountains

April 16th 2014

This is where my heart belongs and where I love to be.  This landscape inspires me more than any other.  And it is quiet.  As I sit here I can hear the wind in the top of the tall pine trees.  It sounds like  water rushing over the rocks in a fast flowing Springtime river, much like the one not too far from here.  The sound comes and goes.  Then there are squirrels making their little agitated noises and bird song.  What I don't hear, is freeway noise, trains or sirens.  It is good for me to be here and recharge.  This is where my soul feels a connection and deep down I feel at home.






 Today I hiked at the lake, well it was more of a scramble really because the trail was still snowy.  The lake is thawing and snowmelt from the surrounding peaks is rushing down into the lake.  It won't be long and we'll be kayaking.  


I'm working on new sewing projects. I have chocolate. The wood stove is keeping me cosy and all I can see is trees.  Really, what could be better?  


Comments

Popular Posts